We understand that all the various construction projects happening in and around Cardiff this past year has created challenges and inconveniences for all of you. We are in the last stretch of the major construction for the double tracking and Chesterfield intersection improvements with two major construction phases coming up.
Phase 1: December 10 – 21, 2018 – Lane Closure
· One westbound lane on Chesterfield between San Elijo and Hwy. 101 closed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Eastbound Chesterfield can expect intermittent lane closure.
· Along San Elijo as 7 parking spots will be taken up for staging.
· Pedestrian and bike access will be available.
· This work is to prepare for Phase 2.
Phase 2: January 2 – 23, 2019 – Chesterfield Intersection Full Closure
· The entire intersection will be closed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Bike/pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
Sign up for updates at https://www.keepsandiegomoving.com/build-NCC
We regret that the timing isn’t the best with the holidays coming up. The benefit to getting this done now is that come end of January, if there are no delays, all major construction in that area will be complete! In addition, all measures will be in place to qualify for a quiet zone so one day soon we will no longer have trains honking through that section. Once complete we will have a safer intersection that is accessible for all modes of transportation and levels of mobility.
Thank you for your patience during this time!