In honor of Earth day on April 22nd, we would like to share with you 5 simple ways to give back to Earth and to help end plastic pollution.
01. Join a community clean-up! In preparation for the Taste of Cardiff event May 3rd, join Cardiff 101 Main Street and the Rob Machado Foundation for an "inland" community cleanup on Wednesday, May 2nd from 9 am to 11 am at the Cardiff Library. Help us keep Cardiff clean with the goal of collecting trash "inland" before it has an opportunity to reach our beaches and pollutes the ocean! To RSVP as a volunteer click here!
02. Compost food waste. This is a game changer and incredibly easy to do!
03. Switch from using single-use plastics to sustainable ones! Using paper or metal straws/cups instead of plastic ones is a great start. We love Stasher bags, Eco Bags, Simply Straws, MIZU water bottles, and Changing Tides Foundation for eco-friendly goods!
04. Eat more plants and eat seasonally! Shop local and support farmers. You can find local goods at Seaside Market and at the Leucadia Famers Market that takes place every Sunday from 10am-2pm at Paul Ecke Central School.
05. Grow something from seed. Try using seeds harvested from your organic produce. Or plant a tree at the City of Encinitas Arbor Day Tree Planting event on April 21st from 10am to 12pm at San Dieguito Academy.
We hope you enjoyed reading these 5 simple ways to help our planet stay clean! We encourage you to teach and share this with others, especially children! :)
Cardiff-by-the-Sea photo taken by Kyle Thomas Photography